Saturday 16 June 2012

Aintree Lodge Again!

The years pass so fast. This is my 6th pre-race dinner for the Freedom Challenge. Twice as a Ride to Rhodes rider and fourth time as a Race Across South Africa competitor.
This year I have no pre-race objective or strategy save that I must get to the finish. My physical condition has declined in the last month due to a lingering virus and I have no real idea of my physical capabilities. Tomorrow I will just ride my bike and let my condition dictate my strategy.
I was originally supposed to start on Monday 18th but requested a start a day earlier to allow me to get home a day earlier. Trevor Ball (RASA 2009 and 2010) was wanting to ride with me on monday. As it turns out he was here a day early. Hearing my change of plan he is now starting in the morning with me. Right now he is fast tracking his bike preparation and packing. Going to be good fun tomorrow. Weather looks to be a tad too warm but better than rain.
Please fasten your seat belts and remain seated, flight RASA 2012 is preparing for takeoff!

No comments: