Tuesday 5 June 2012

Less than 2 weeks to the start and I feel terrible

Just started a course of antibiotics as I have lost the battle of trying to out stare the dose of lurgy I have. At least I have enough time to recover before the race starts. Can't train but with less than 2 weeks to go it isn't a major set back. Haven't had a solid ride since last week. The ride this past weekend had me puffing like an over laden steam train on a steep incline. Was supposed to be a short easy paced ride, which it was except it felt like I was sprinting for the yellow jersey up a Tour de France mountain stage climbing finish - dead legs and heaving lungs.
Will this affect my race strategy? Nah! Going to ride until I drop every day. Might just drop a lot sooner than expected. It is going to very interesting for me and the race followers to see how that pans out.

No comments: